Famous Cases | Historical Tales | Vampires | Zombies
|The 'werewolf boy' has escaped from a Moscow clinic|
just a day after he was found. It is thought he was
raised by wolves and his toenails are like claws.
Doctors expressed shock saying he was found living with a pack of wolves in a remote forest in the Kaluga region of central Russia.
"He's clearly dangerous to other people," said a police spokesman yesterday.
"He's got typical wolf-like habits and behaviour.
"He has very strong and sharp teeth, which could really endanger someone if he bites."
The boy looks about ten - but after tests conducted by Moscow medics, they believe he maybe much older.
They are puzzled because he appears intelligent but does not seem to speak Russian or any other language. It is suspected he has been running wild for many years.
Such cases are not uncommon in Russia where there have been regular reports of 'Mowgli' children abandoned by their parents who are cared for by animals.
The boy moves around with his legs half bent, said Tvoi Den newspaper. "He was running with wolves and searching for food with them."
Villagers found this "wild creature" in a lair made of leaves and sticks in freezing temperatures and told the police who named him Lyokha, though his real identity is not known.
"He's dirty, hungry, and looked to have had a hard time," said the police spokesman. "We brought him to a clinic in Moscow.
"It was simply unbelievable. He doesn't react when we call to him." Medics gave him clothes and said that he sprang down the corridor, bursting into his room and devouring his food like an animal.
His nails on his feet were like claws.
After 24 hours he had evaded security men at the clinic and escaped. He is now believed to be on the loose in Moscow region.
"We didn't even manage to complete the proper medical checks. We only succeeded in giving him a shower, cutting his nails and took some blood and other tests," said a doctor.
"It's quite possible he is a dangerous with psychological problems but also a source of viruses and infections."